Also in April there is news of selected project management tools. We stay in the cloud software space and ask these questions:
- Is there a new feature in the project management software?
- Have small adjustments been made?
- Are there any changes at the manufacturing company?
April 2021 PM Tools News and Trends
It offers a quiet month without many updates. There are a few, however, that we don’t want to hide from you:
- Confluence with Quick Access editing
- MeisterTask with Apple Watch extensions
- Todoist with productivity widget
Asana without major innovations
There are no major innovations to the software at Asana in April.
awork without major innovations
There are no special extensions for awork either.
Confluence with page sorting
In Confluence you will find minor simplifications for editing your wiki – maybe there is something for you?
You can now sort and filter the order of pages (more)
- Emojis in headlines and outline
If you set an emoji in the heading, it will now also be set in the table of contents (more).
- Quick access for editing
Editing a page used to require several clicks. Now you can go directly to the edit mode with just one click (more).
factro without updates
There are no updates to April through factro.
InLoox on the market for 20 years
InLoox celebrates its 20th anniversary. InLoox has thus developed from a startup to a company with worldwide distribution and now 60,000 users. Congratulations also from pm-tools.info! (more)
MeisterTask offers Mentioning in Checklists
MeisterTask* improves the use for you with small enhancements:
- Mentioning makes it possible to mention users directly in the task and thereby notify them. This function has now been extended to the checklists so that tasks can be assigned directly (more).
- MeisterTask is also available for the Apple Watch. Now the app has been significantly enhanced so that you can complete the most important tasks on the go: Complete tasks, add tasks to the agenda, reset due dates and set comments. (more).
- For the iOS app there is an expansion of functionality that the Agenda is also finally available. Here you can view and manage your personal project tasks (more).
monday.com offers improved filtering of your automations
- Rights for column change can be set on team level
- Improvements to existing integrations:
Jira and Adobe Creative Cloud (more)
MS Project for the Web with Timeline PDF-Export
Now you can export the timeline in PDF format. This allows you to have an overview of your times quickly available offline and optimized for printing. Email notifications are currently being rolled out so that your team members are informed directly when a task is assigned (m o re).
If you also have Power Apps knowledge, Project Acceleratorwill bring you something. This proprietary development from Microsoft helps you keep track of all projects (more).
Stackfield explains email communication in the project
For a long time it was quiet about Stackfield* and potential new products. This continues to be the case. There is an interesting article about email integration at Stackfield and why mails have had their day as a means of communication in the project. (more).
Todoist promotes concentration
Especially when working with smartphone nearby, their concentration can quickly suffer. As a productivity tool, ToDoist*is dedicated to helping you stay focused on your tasks. With a new productivity widget, you can now see your tasks and goals right on the home screen on iOS or Android (more)
Trello without updates
Trello offers no innovations to April.
Wrike with small updates
After bigger news like the buyout by Citrix, it remains quiet even m Wrike. The most important small updates of the cloud software can be found here:
- Update with hamburger menu for better navigationthrough Wrike* areas (more)
- You can now create subtasks from blueprints (more)
- Small bugfixes (more)
Conclusion Project Management Software News April 2021
Things have remained comparatively quiet as of April. There are few groundbreaking innovations and rather smaller updates like MeisterTask’s redesign of the app for the Apple Watch or a newTodoist productivity widget for iOS and Android.
Microsoft continues to focus on merging various data via PowerApps to support project management as well.
Have you noticed any other news from the industry?
* = Affiliate Links